Saturday, September 22, 2007

New House?

Well, I was pretty sure I was getting that house on Condor and that my inspection wouldn't uncover anything major. I was SO wrong! It was cut short once the inspector found that the entire house was covered with LP siding that needs to be replaced right away. He found rot in several places that the Seller had tried to cover up with huge amounts of paint. So unless the Seller replaces the siding and repaints the house with no additional cost to me, the deal is falling through! So there's still hope, but I don't know how much! :(

I'll know by early next week when they get an estimate for the repair. The inspector thought it'd be around $12k. Ah well, if this one doesn't work out, another one will!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh, man! That totally sucks! Greg says that it is totally illegal try to cover up a problem on a house that you are trying to sell. He also said if they were trying to cover that up, what else did they try to hide?

I'm sorry about this snag. I really am. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out.

Di said...

You will find that most all houses built around the 1990's have LP siding. When I sold my last house with LP we disclosed it as you are suppose to. We did not have to replace it because we kept it in good shape with caulking and paint. It depends on how long they let it go. Good Luck and "buyer beware" as they say!